Wednesday, September 28, 2005

do bu shi

as of today, approximately two months before i leave canadian soil for many moons, i know three words in mandarin. three words. that means no matter what happens to me while i'm there, i will have no choice but to respond with 'how are you?' last night i was cycling down college st and some incredibly busy and important person without the TIME for gods sake to look in their side mirror before opening their door onto a bike lane nearly knocked me ass over teakettle. my mastery of choice english words served me well at that time - but here's how it's going to look when the same thing happens to me in taiwan.

*dumbass opens door*
Me: HOW ARE YOOOOOOOU? *flying off, landing, taking up residence on the pavement, bleeding*
Dumbass: Shit, sorry - you okay?
Me: Hooow. are you.
Dumbass: I'm...good. How are YOU?
Me: Hooooooooow. Hoooooow. are yooooooooouu. *trying to redjust leg into more familar angles*
Dumbass: Yeah, I'm good. I'm good, buddy. I think you might need an ambulance.
Me: You. How. Are. Are You?
Dumbass: No, I'm FINE. Fuck. I think you're insane. I....I have to go. Let someone else deal with the courteously crazy chick bleeding on the road. I'm out of here.
Me: HOW. ARE. YOOOUuuuuuu.*passing out from pain*

Tim Canterbury will have to do the grocery shopping, I think.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nano sleeve you might want
The nano Wrapper is a "super slim, stay-on tube with access to iPod nano hold switch, dock connector and headphone jack, made from Wrappers' exclusive treated faux suede fabric designed to add scratch ...
Hey, nice blog you have here. I really enjoy your posts. I have a dish network satellite tv site that focused on dish network satellite tv related topics. Come by some time to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home