Thursday, October 20, 2005

things you will find in a toronto yoga class

1. Sweat. Sometimes, so much sweat that certain class members are no longer able to balance on their sticky, sweaty mats and fall face first in front of the only yoga instructor they have ever been sexually attracted to. It happened to someone I know.

2. The Lululemon sea. Ambo told me that Lululemon pants became de rigeur for a time among female clubbers in Victoria. This is very strange to me as they are flattering, yes, but: work-out gear. They do make one's bottom look appealing but their competition is...sweatpants. So. Kind of a hollow victory, I think.

3. That one guy who is wearing little more than a loincloth and is often quite hirsute. Which I am not judging because I am currently sporting upper lip reddening from where I removed my unwanted hair with a tad too much vigor last night. I just notice the correlation between no shirt and a whole lotta chest hair. That much fur is permanent insulation.

4. Show-offs. People who walk into the class and - stone-cold - begin to do handstands. I'm thinking, why are you in a yoga class? Why not just go and do some gymnastics? Because...the point is kind of to move into the pretzel postures in sequence...not to be all, look at me, I'm the King of the Yogis. We get it...you? Are awesome.

5. No. Space. In. Change. Room. And usually only one toilet. You have to be ridiculously flexible just to get one shirt off and another over your head when there are bodies pressing on you from all sides. It's a skill in and of itself. And...I've seen people do it revealing nary a nipple. Me, I let the girls get some air because meh. I pretty much get to third base with the other women changing simply because we are packed in there like tuna...so I figure they don't mind seeing my boobs. But for those with more decorum - I'm impressed. Seriously. It takes me about three minutes in any given situation to get to Lord of the Flies type abandon so for those who preserve our social codes: I salute you. With my boobs.

4 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't quite understand why anonymous is so eager to push "private road construction", nor why good ol' anon thinks there is an audience for it after a posting on yoga, but who knows? anyone out there looking to pave their driveway? anyone?

anyway, the whole lulemon craze has not yet died here in victoria. i think it is part "look at my ass" and part "i am a serious fitness buff...look at my ass"

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about deuling banjos. You can check it out at deuling banjos

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about dueling banjos for others. You can check it out at dueling banjos for others

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there blog owner! I am searching blogs to find information and sources to help with my website:http://all4yournet.com/hearthealthyoga/ My site is fairly new about 8 months old and have a google pr of 3 and get about 50 people a day to visit. My site has jnana yoga exercises and is all affiliate merchandise.
This is a new frontier for my wife and I and don't have very much experience but a friend suggested searching blogs to get ideas about how people sale and also what kind of information they offer their customers and clients. We are begining to make some good money selling jnana yoga exercises related articles but I also want to offer my customers some quality information to go along with good deals. If you make it to my site and can offer some constructive critisizm I will take it into consideration or if you have some ideas it will be greatly appreciated. Remember we are on a budget and we do all the work ourselves.

Best Regards,

jnana yoga exercises

 

Post a Comment

<< Home